8.23.2009

360 'Round the Sun


A year ago today I put on a silly poofy dress, high fived a stud, did my own stunt, lip synced to Neil, got smashed with cake, and danced like no one's watching.

It was off the hook! But contrary to what people tell me, it was not the best time of my life, by far.

You see, ol' Miss Independent here was a non believer in marriage 'til not too long before walking down that aisle. "Didn't need some title or piece of paper to define what I've got," so arrogantly I thought to my ignorant little self.

But holy crap y'all marriage is the best thing since was always better than sliced bread! I now recommend it like it's Shamwow, tooting how you'll be saying wow. A good husband is great for the house, the car, the boat, the RV, and can hold 12x his weight in liquid!

Married life has been a blast, and the simplest days sitting on the couch enjoying it totally beat the excitement of a wedding. Not to put down the big party, of course, but I hope brides-to-be don't lose sight of the wonders ahead, especially in those stressful hours of tissue paper fluffing and such.

And to my husband - thanks for all the wows.

Photo: 1st in the series of anniversary bouquets that is my endless wedding present.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, small things really do counts, like spending a quiet afternoon sitting on the couch with your husband, just like you said, is one of the wonderful moments in a married life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re so lucky to have a wonderful husband. May God strengthen you both to face whatever that is about to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QWER is your ticket to Australia if you live in Australia or plan to work in Australia shortly on a work visa. full time jobs in brisbane

    ReplyDelete